The Other Side of The Internet


I remember when I was introduced to the internet. I was a teenager. It was a big deal. The internet gave an opportunity for the world to connect through small screens. Everything is just one click away. All learning, all knowledge, anything you want to know can be found online. From song's lyrics, quotes, books, movies, you name it.  Eventually, it took a big part of our lives.

However, there are two sides to everything in life and the internet is definitely not excluded. Unfortunately, it is used for bad wrong reasons as well. Some people use it for hacking systems, bullying, creating a persona, etc. Some people find it useless and it wastes their time. But, it is more about how we use it.

Trust me; it can be used for good purposes too. It is in your hands to make the best of it. With the daily growth of users and the expansion of the fourth industrial revolution. Users can re-define how the internet is used.

In my opinion, the internet is a great tool to use and learn more about the world we live in. It has helped me develop skills I have and also added new ones. I have developed my writing, searching and coding skills. I found online courses, free and paid which helped me along the way. Also, it has given me the chance to get inspired by many people in different fields, Libyans, and non-Libyans.

To new users out there, you can use the internet to read more if you can't get hard copy books. You can learn online through MOOC's which is the trend now. A good one! In addition, you can work online as a freelancer. TED-Talks are a great way to be motivated whenever you feel down or you lack motivation. It is loaded with informative content and amazing people. You can start blogging or video blogging. It is a great way to deliver a message and inspire other people. The list goes on.


The bottom line, it took me few years to realize the purpose of the internet in my life. It wasn't about how many hours I spend on it; in fact, it was more about the how. I found my way and changed it to suit the person I am today. I used the power of this cyber space to empower myself. I have always said that us humans, we are a work in progress. Thus, we must adapt everything around us to our own benefit. 

Comments

Popular Posts