A Day In Harvard

John Harvard Statue- Founder 

I have always been the school's nerd. I enjoyed learning and discovering new things since I was a kid. I get excited whenever I Find out an answer or solve an equation. I still do.

I wasn't the type of kids who played with their toys but I was the type who read a story or draw. I grew up to become a Chemical Engineer pursuing further knowledge in environmental engineering. I know deep down that my mission is, incomplete yet. therefore, education, in my opinion, is the gate to the future when it handled correctly. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela.

I got older and I knew there is a university called Harvard. It is one of the best universities in the world.  One of my dreams was to at least attend a lecture at Harvard and discuss topics with people from all over the world.

My dream became a reality when I was selected to participate in MEPI program as I mentioned in one of my articles. We were not informed of our schedule until we started the program so when they handed me the program's schedule at Benedictine University, I found out that we have a scheduled lecture at Harvard. I was surprised but full of joy and pride.

I never thought in a million years that I will visit Harvard University and attend a lecture there.  The feeling I got when I stood in front of its gate. Reality sets in and it was such a high. There was a statue of one of Harvard's founders, John Harvard, who had managed with his colleagues to bring out one of the world's leading institutions. 

I was lucky enough to rub the toe of Harvard's left shoe for luck. It's part of the tradition. I hope that touch of luck would open the door for more dreams to come true. So never give up on your dreams no matter how big they are. You'll find your miracle.

Comments

Popular Posts