6 Online Courses You Need to Take


As many of you don't know; I began my online learning experience earlier this year. It was a life-changing experience and one of a kind. Self-paced online learning has given me the opportunity to discover another aspect of learning and knowledge which I wish I had access to it earlier. However, as the old saying says "better late than never."

I study mainly on three platforms and these are FutureLearn, Coursera, and Edx. There are many other platforms but I felt more comfortable with these three even though they have differences. These differences are what make them unique. You can get access to courses given from top-ranked universities worldwide.

Some platforms provide a discount or even financial aid. This has helped me to receive certificates as a proof of my work. It kept me motivated every time. I was even selected to mentor one of the courses I took for my performance. I have completed about 20 courses so far. I learned more about writing styles and types, also, I learned about leadership, climate change, teaching English, social media marketing, and Excel for business.

It is incredible how much information I learned and experience I gained. It amazes me how the world, especially, the digital world is evolving. Us humans, we are a work in progress and we should keep learning. I highly value education so I decided to share with you my favorite articles.

1- Inside IELTS: Preparing for the Test with the Experts.
In this course, you will get the chance to learn more about the IELTS test. You’ll interact with experts and learners around the world. You’ll also have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks that will prepare you more to the test. It has helped me to practice and get better and I passed my IELTS test this year.
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/cambridge-english-ielts

2- Writing Professional Email and Memos (Project-Centered Course)
Writing emails is something I learned on my own. However, I struggled to write the proper one. I discovered this course on Coursera and it has helped me greatly. I can now identify the types of emails and memos and their differences.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/professional-emails

3- English for Journalism
This course is an amazing course for people who want to further develop in the field of journalism. Also, it teaches English related to writing so you can improve your language while learning about journalism.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/journalism

4- Social Media Marketing Specialization
This specialization course consists of six courses that will help you understand marketing on social media hosted by Northwestern University. In addition to the fourth industrial revolution the world is facing; social media marketing is considered the number one happiest job in the world.
 https://www.coursera.org/specializations/social-media-marketing

5- English Grammar and Style
This assesses you with the key concepts of writing in the 21st century. This course will help aspiring bloggers and writers to get their hands on the tools to master writing. You will cover grammatical principles, words usage, and punctuation. This is hosted by the University of Queensland.
https://www.edx.org/course/english-grammar-style-uqx-write101x-5

6- Excel Skills for Business Specialization Course
Mastering the skills in Excel is one of the most demanding skills in the digital world. Learning it means adding a highly valuable asset to your resume. It even leads to better employment opportunities.
https://www.coursera.org/specializations/excel

I encourage everyone to get into the world of online learning.  You should add it to your list of experiences because it is definitely unique. You will get to know people from different backgrounds and can help you to get better. My journey with online courses will not stop here and I am looking forward to discovering more and more courses for 2018. 

Comments

  1. This article is very benefitial !! Thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. نفع الله بك البلاد والعباد

    ReplyDelete
  3. شكرا عبد الله..... اجمعين يا رب

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts