Stay Away from Toxic People

Source: Pexels
Relationships play an essential role in people's lives. We depend on these relationships to develop and grow as individuals. Our mental and emotional health is strongly tied to the relationships we encounter and their impact is crucial to our well being.  

I wouldn't generalize but so many people relate their happiness with people they love and they consider them their source for that happiness and any disturbsance can cause major damage. However, these relationships not only include family and friends but also the community we belong too. Also, what is more important than making relationships is to know how to maintain these relationships, especially, healthy ones.  

I am sure so many of us have had bad relationships  at some point and they struggled with their side effects for so long. Not everyone has the ability to move on easily and it can be stuck with them forever. For me, I have always tried to have healthy relationships and I tried to avoid toxic relationships until I ended up in one without even realizing the consequences.  

I never thought I would find myself going through the symptoms of being toxicated by someone for so long until everything was over and it took me months later to understand and most importantly learn. By the way, friends can be toxic too and mine wasn't an official relationship but something I couldn't even title in which I knew it was going to end in a very ugly way and it was more about time but I ahould've trusted my intuition from the very beginning.   

Even though writing this has been difficult for me but it is a way to move on and maybe give advice or a wake up call to those going through a similar situation. Again, we meet people to learn how to deal with different types of personalities and attitudes and not every lesson we learn should be positive, they can be nagative too, nevertheless, we can make it our mission to find the best to learn out of these relationships so we don't repeat that mistake again. 

I know it is easier said than done but once you go through it, you will manage to address the 'red flags'. Toxic people will make you come up with excuses and justifications for what ever they say. You will find yourself forgiving and letting go over and over again. You will justify everything wrong and put part of the blame on yourself. The fear of losing them is what will stop you from taking major decisions in any matter regarding this relationship/friendship. Toxic people tend to be very negative and believe me when I say that negativity is contagious. You will be in denial and with time, it will be daunting. It is a long healing process that requires patience and you will mend yourself slowly eventually.  

If you are going through these struggles in your relationship/friendship, then you need to get out of this mess and save yourself. Never let anyone use you or use your feelings toward them for their own benefit. Demand those to respect you and don't ever settle for less of what you deserve. Remember that you are worthy and you don't have to please anyone to stay with you or accept you. You are enough. 

Comments

  1. What I have came up with this so called relationship/friendship ( which I'm not good at 'cause simply I know myself very well, a loser and idiot ) is that never have anything in your life that you cannot walk out on in less than 60 seconds. Don't know where I've heard or read this superb advice, but that was exactly what in my mind and what I needed to do. It's hard in somehow but i guarantee its effectiveness. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I am not good at them as well but you are not a loser nor an idiot. It is and that's what happened. I learned my lesson and shared it in this piece :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts