My Top 6 Posts in 2018

After almost 2 years of writing and contributing to a number of national and international platforms, I made huge progress in terms of writing and expression. My journey has been great so far and I would always say it but even though I am not vocally speaking up; my words are making an echo and it is heard on so many levels. I never thought that I will keep on writing for this long but writing became my escape when things get complicated and it is truly my passion. I can’t believe I have written over 200 articles this far, if not more. Last year, I wrote My Top 5 Posts in 2017 and this year, I decided to keep the tradition. (You can click on the headline of each article.)

1- The Denied History of Libyan Jews (Tripoli Focused)
This is the article I am the proudest of publishing in 2018 despite the doubt I was feeling in the beginning. It has received over 2000 views so far. Libyan Jews are rarely discussed within the Libyan society but I am very much interested in understanding their story in Libya. They are part of Libya’s history whether some Libyans liked it or not. For me, it is a hidden history because it took me so long to finally start my journey to discover it and know of its existence. This article is focused on Libyan Jews in Tripoli, however, I hope to shed more light on Jews from Benghazi and other parts in Libya.

I got this idea out of the blue after scrolling down Twitter and I saw a picture of graffiti so that made me think about the number of graffiti work around Libya because I have always noticed that there was a story behind each graffiti work and they represent societies way of thinking and daily struggles. This article received over 800 views.

3-    The Old City of Tripoli Streets & Streets Names
If you read my blog posts a lot, you will notice that I hold a huge love for the old city of Tripoli. I first visited the old city in 2017, believe it or not, but I was hooked ever since. I was born and raised in Tripoli my entire life and I have never known of the old city even though I passed by it every time I go out. It was love at first sight and I am glad I first experienced it with the old city. This city inside of a city is rich with history and authentic traditions that are still preserved by locals until today. I have continuously noticed that alleys and streets in it have names and I wanted to know the reasons why they were given those names. I did my research and I wrote an article about the names of these streets. It has received over 700 views. Hopefully, I will make the second edition of this article this year.

4-    Their crime was coffee (جريمتهن قهوة)
I wrote this article in later December upon the incident that happened in Benghazi. It was my first official article in Arabic and I received both good and bad reviews but it made a huge impact especially after what happened to women who were having coffee in a coffee shop in Benghazi. It soon became a public case within the Libyan society and it is still discussed among people now. This article received over 700 views. 

5-   Save the Old City of Tripoli
This article is dedicated to a close friend of mine and an amazing photographer, Hiba Shalabi, who started a campaign to save the old city of Tripoli from destruction and ignorance and she managed to draw the attention of the international community and she is doing her best to save it. This article received 700 views. You can check it for more details. 

6-    A Passenger's Story
This article, in particular, means so much to me because, in this one, I wrote about my journey to France to start off my new life as a graduate student at Sciences Po University in Paris. Dreams have no limit and we have the power to make them a reality. This article received over 600 views. 

I am honored that new articles from 2018 made it to the top 10 list on my blog. This became a tradition and I am glad that I came up with articles to help, motivate, and teach a lesson. I learned so much from the research journey from so many articles whether they made it to the top 10 or not. I enjoyed the process of writing all the 48 articles in 2018 and I am looking forward to writing more in 2019. 

Comments

Popular Posts