Why Blogging Hits Differently This Year?

Blogging for over three years now has been surely a blessing. What I managed to discover throughout this journey of writing and documentation have exceeded my expectations. I learned so much from the stories of people I interviewed and it gave me a chance to find a deeper meaning of writing. 

However, this year, a year that we never saw coming, made us realize many things in life. We appreciate things more because we have a higher chance of losing them now, maybe we did before, but we didn't reach this realization point. Personally, I reached another sense of realization and it is through blogging. 

This year, I wrote more than any other year. I reached last year's total number of articles last August and writing became easier if I can describe it this way. I interviewed more people and also, I wrote more personal stories. I laid my heart out and I would like to think that no one read those ''personal'' and ''too honest'' articles but I believe some did and I appreciate that. I wouldn't have done it probably when I first started because it would make me feel ''naked'' when I share personal feelings and ideas. I didn't necessarily feel naked when I wrote personal articles this year. In fact, I felt free and genuine. 

I felt connected to writing from a whole new level. Writing has not only given me the chance to discover people but first and foremost, I discovered my own self. I understand my feelings and I managed to let out many emotions in this process of discovery. I found peace and forgiveness. I learned that there is strength in being fragile. We don't have to be strong all the time and it is okay to take a step back to have a better vision. 

I found that connection with people through blogging and they could relate to my words. Some people laughed while other cried and I cried too! I never thought that I would cry while writing an article but I did and I felt liberated. Blogging helped and saved me in a sense. I found myself rushing to it whenever I felt inspired or even tired. Writing is my saviour this year. I will always be grateful to this journey in which I found myself through and it made me realize many things. I developed my writing style and I understand the construction of a story better. It made me connect with my thoughts and the questioning process I go through on a daily basis. I am asking questions trying to find answers to and writing was the tool to do so. 

Comments

Popular Posts