Top 4 Most Viewed Articles On My Blog in 2019

Source: Pexels
Writing has been a long-awaited step to be taken on my life journey. The love I have for the English language since I was a kid ignited a love for writing and I wanted to be a writer for so long. Throughout high school, the idea of writing became more persistent and I remember at that time, my English teacher advised me to start. I only wrote on my own as I enjoyed the process of putting words together and as I just mentioned, I was obsessed. Only when I actually started to write and share my work in 2016. A dear friend of mine encouraged me to start my blog in 2017 and I didn't stop ever since. 

Here I am, reaching my third year of blogging, I grew and learned so much from this journey. I said so many things I wanted to say but I managed to do it through assembling words together. Writing has given me a voice to speak up my opinion and share it with others. 2019 was a very special year in my journey, I got to discover and try another aspect of writing which was interviews. 

It was a new thing to do and I decided to highlight Libyan talents. I didn't expect it to grow like this and reach another level of progress throughout this journey of storytelling. Since I started blogging, I started this tradition to write a blog post about the most viewed articles in every year, my top 5 posts in 2017 and my top 6 posts in 2018. In this article, I am sharing with you my top most viewed articles in 2019 and I couldn't be prouder! 

1- 36 Libyan Photographers, you Need to Know 
This article means so much to me because it is not only about the 36 photographers in this piece but the journey and process of finding each one of them and get to know their stories behind their cameras and I was incredibly amazed by the diversity of stories and their lives. The pictures we saw by them were not just pictures, they invested effort, time, and emotions to produce artistic work for the world to see and this article received about 1750 views since it was published last May. I am glad my friend Rabee’ pushed me to write it and to conduct the interviews with 36 amazing people that the world must know of their existence because they are all amazing and I wish if I could include more photographers but hopefully, I will make the second part of this piece. You can check the link for the full piece click here

2- The anonymous Libyan Chef: Get to Know Ali's Passion for Cooking and Food 
This article, in particular, came out of the blue and I had the idea in the last week of 2019 and I quickly reached out to Ali, the great chef, who has been making mouthwatering food and his incredible personality radiated from every recipe he made. Ali was kindly open and we did the interview so quickly but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I had in 2019. He was so nice and friendly and I admired him even more after hearing his story. This article received in only a few weeks so far nearly 1700 views. You can read about Ali’s story by following this link click here 

3- Traditions and Customs of Libyan Jews, Past and Present 
Last year, I wanted to write at least one piece about Libyan Jews. If you have been following my blog in the past two years, you will know my deep interest in history related to my country Libya and particularly Libyan Jews and their story. I had the idea to write about the similar traditions and through the help of a dear Jewish friend and after months of his help to connect and show me many things related to Libyan Jews in Israel. This article received nearly 1100 views. I finally came up with this piece and you can read more through this link: click here 

4- 15 Libyan Singers You Need to Listen to  
This idea was specifically inspired by one of the Libyan singers who is featured in this piece and his name is Omran. When his single was released a few months ago, I know I had to write a piece not only about him but about many Libyan artists who released their own singles and those aspiring ones too because I didn’t believe that we would have this much of talent around performers. It received around 1000 views and you can read more through this link: click here 

I am very thrilled to have these articles reach the top 10 list in my blog and I am also happy that the idea of highlighting Libyan talents developed from a couple of pieces to have had the chance to write and discover more talents. Thanks to all readers for making 2019 a very fruitful year for me as a blogger and for inspiring me to write more. Many thanks to you!  

Comments

Popular Posts