To a Stranger's Eyes



Dear stranger,
We are not friends nor lovers. However, we connected through a picture. I saw your picture months ago while scrolling through Twitter's endless timeline. I see many pictures every single day but this one caught my eyes. I couldn't ignore it or resist it. It stopped me and I had to look through it. The first thing that caught my attention was your eyes. There was something in your eyes and the way you looked with those small black eyes that I couldn't resist.

It can be weird that I am describing them in this way but from them comes an intensity, honesty, and gentleness. We are strangers but I felt as if I knew so much about you. I felt that you had so much to say because of that look and I couldn't forget it ever since!
Well, can eyes speak plenty? Maybe they can because yours spoke to me and told me stories we never shared. Your eyes have warmth and comfort in them which I never felt before. They sparked with kindness too. I wonder if anyone noticed this about your eyes before and told you. But there was a worried and sad look. The mix of sadness and comfort is such a strange feeling to have in just a look. I wish I could take that away though but who am I to do so? Remember that you caught me with your eyes.  I noticed that we rarely pay attention to the eyes when they should be the centre of our focus. They have their own magic and your eyes were magical to me. I spent longer than I usually do to gaze at a picture, you felt familiar even though we don’t know each other. I was looking through your soul and it felt warm and nice. How could one feel all of this because of someone’s eyes? I never knew how it feels like to be hugged with a look but yours hugged me dearly. I was submerged but I couldn't complain. I had a troubled time but a picture helped me feel better. Yours did. It was just a picture but it did wonders.  Maybe nothing should be further explained...

Your sincerely,
Malak

Comments

Popular Posts