My 2 Years Blogging Anniversary

My blog, my working place 
Blogging is one of the most powerful tools in this digitally driven world we live in. Now, we have the chance to document stories, moments, events whether by videos, pictures or by writing. Social media has given us the opportunity to express ourselves. We have the choice to use these platforms to spread positivity and goodness and help others.   

Today marks the second anniversary since I launched my blog back again and I was hooked ever since! My first article was entitled ‘5 Things Teaching Kids Taught Me’ but the article that gave me the first push and recognition was when the US Embassy in  Libya page on Facebook shared my article ‘'Reasons Why I Got Addicted to MOOC's'' and it was one of the most exciting feelings ever especially that I was just back and it was a sign for me not to stop and keep publishing. Writing has been a blessing and it has made my voice heard and I can share my opinion and experiences with the world. It has empowered me in ways I cannot put into words. One of the things I learned from blogging is that continuity is key. No matter how much you love to write or how many topics you can think about writing but as long as you are not consistent, you will end up quitting instead because you couldn't keep a steady pace of writing and publishing.  

I got to expand and write for national and international platforms and magazines which is something I never thought I would be capable of doing one day. I am grateful mostly for Sister-hood Magazine and the chance it has given to me to publish for them for the past two years.  

I wrote a total of 113 articles on my blog only without counting the articles I wrote for other platforms and the ones I drafted and they haven't seen the light yet. I have a total of 45000 views and I can't wait till I celebrate my first 100,000 views. Writing has helped to gain back focus and let stress out. I developed personally because of writing. My advice to those who want to start their blogs and they are still hesitant is to first define their route. They need to know what they want to write about and reflect on. If you choose a specific theme then you have to stick with it all the way through but having a general theme where you can write about different topics is better in my opinion unless the theme you want to focus on is versatile. 

Don't think twice and just start. As long as you are passionate about writing then starting a blog shouldn't be an issue. You will discover and learn so much through and with blogging. I can't believe I managed to write for two years so far and I can't wait to write more in years to come. I am deeply thankful for everyone who reads my blog and my stories, you brought happiness back into my heart by your kind and encouraging words. 

Comments

Popular Posts