7 Coffee Shops You Must Visit While in Paris


Paris is the city of love and romance. This is exactly how it is portrayed in the news and on the internet. It is too big that you can't visit all the places in a month or even two. I have been here for eight months now and believe me, I still have plenty of places to visit! You need to live here to experience the Parisian life at its best. Of course, many of the things it is famous for is coffee shops. You can find those authentic Parisian coffee shops with their Millefeuille and Paris Brest pastry to modern hangout spots. You can smell Pain au chocolat everywhere it is part of the fragrance. If you know, you will know that I ADORE coffee shops, I made it my mission to discover coffee shops, I love coffee but mainly the design of each cafe I visit. It is my little discovery when I find one while I am walking around Paris. In this article, I decided to share with you my favorite coffee shops (so far) here in Paris so when you come here, you can pay them a visit and I am sure you are going to love them. 

1- Monsieur Caramel
This is my favorite coffee shop here, it became my little hideaway spot because it is really tiny. I decided to open a similar coffee shop in Tripoli one day because the owner doesn't really care about the number of people but more about the quality of the setting. It is located in the 18th district in Rue Duheme. It has its own cozy vibes. It is very welcoming and comfy. It is dreamy just like Paris. The owner offers a variety of pastry and tea, also, you can have coffee. You can enjoy his perfect Pistachio or hazelnut Paris Brest with the melodies of Charles Aznavour. He also sells different types of homemade caramel. I encourage anyone to come here if you are in the city.

2- Saint Pearl
It is located in the 11th district in the famous Saint-Germain-des-Prés. This street is famous for brands shops, Prestigious universities, old Parisian cafes that are considered landmarks of the city (I am not joking!). It is a very tiny place, usually, people come to buy things to take away because it gets crowded quickly around lunch time. You can find vegan things here, also, hot and cold drinks. It is affordable and simple. 

3- Cafe de Flore
This coffee shop is considered a historical landmark since it was open since 1883. The interior is very elegant and Parisian, with all the red leather chairs and vintage wooden tables with mirrors in some corners. It is considered expensive but you are looking for treating yourself with cream au cafe with original flan cake or millefeuille then it is the place to be. Tourists must take pictures in front of it and it is a must visit spot in Paris. 

4- Chez Hélène

it is a house inside of a coffee shop, literally! The rustic interior will take you to another place. Do you remember all the old houses we see on TV when we were kids? This is pretty much the place. The owner sells books and homemade spreadings for bread. You can have different types of coffee with homemade soufflé. It is also located in the 18th district. 

5- Pimpin cafe
It is located in the 18th district in 64 rue Ramey. It has this rustic but modern design with wooden chairs and a long table in the middle of the place. They sell vegan food as well but they have sandwiches and fresh juices with a variety of homemade cookies and pies. It is fun and easy to spend an afternoon while listening to your favorite music or with your friends.




6- Shakespeare and Company coffee shop
Oh, this is for sure one of my most favorites. It is located in 37 Rue de la Bûcherie in the 5th district. It is the one and only Shakespeare and company coffee shop that is owned by Shakespeare and company books store. It has this special interior where you can find shelves of books around and quotes from famous writers. You can have coffee with some pastry they offer. You can also sit by the window chair and watch over the enormous Notre Dame. It is so calm and you can smell books in it. It is just breathtaking.

7- Cassiopée Coffee

This one is located in the 18th district too. It is close to Sacre Coeur church up the hill. It is in 21 rue custine. It is so tiny but it reminds me of rainy days in Paris while having a good cup of coffee and enjoying the little things in life. It is full of books and you can buy them too. It is cozy and quiet. If you want to find a small hiding spot, it is then the place to be. I love the interior because it feels like a small living room and an open kitchen with bookshelves on the side. 

Comments

  1. It was a great tour, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malak, I appreciate your efforts. I am traveling to France next month to explore some of top-notch places to visit in France with some of my friends. Will surely visit some of the coffee shops mentioned in the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this article was helpful. I hope you visit them soon and tell me your opinion :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts