Shower Thoughts

How many times have you had deep rush of thoughts while having a shower? I am sure many would respond with ''all the time''. If we abstract the quick showers we have when we are in a hurry when we don't have time to think while showering, however, the majority of our showers consist of deep thinking. The rush of thoughts inside our minds is equivalent to the rush of water coming from the shower head with the same pressure. 

It is a rollercoaster of ideas. The details that cross our minds and the decisive decisions we try to make there can never be the same when we are out of it. The way water cripples on our bodies and embraces every part of it while we think is another form of euphoria. I usually tend to have extremely hot showers even during the summer. I don't like cold showers, I think cold water is more like being slapped on the face and it is never refreshing. Hot water helps us relax more and stay longer under the shower which gives us more time to think.

While I was having a shower earlier, I thought of this piece and wished if I could write down the notes while I was under the shower because of the amount of ideas I had. Our brains work in ways I cannot describe under the shower. The memories we remember and the people we miss or hope to get to know. The things we wish we never did and the things we wish we can do one day. All the unsaid things we wish we could say to someone and all the things we wish to hear back but maybe we never will. All of the little details matter in that moment.

Sometimes, we want to wash away the sorrow of the day and the sadness we feel because at least, it may make sense under the shower. It gives us time to forget and remember at the same time. It is my hideaway place when things are not right and it gives me time to forget and remember all the details. I couldn't sleep well last night and woke up early so I decided to have a long shower because I was having a hard time recently. It was the only way to solve or maybe forget a little that some things happened and I can make sense of them under the shower. I revised my actions and what I did wrong and perhaps in that moment, it was the right thing to do given the circumstances I was having. I finished my shower and changed to sit in my desk and write this piece. Raw thoughts while listening to the stillness of the early morning and the sound of the metro interrupts the scene every few minutes. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts