My Nanna

Pexels
In life, we can be inspired by so many people, from strangers to parents, teachers, friends, etc. The list goes on and on. Inspiration is what motivates and keeps us moving forward. Some people can either make our lives better or worse but the good they do can change it forever. I have been inspired by so many people starting from my dear father to teachers and people from my community.  
I want to write about my amazing grandmother or as we call her in Amazighi ''Nanna''. She is one of the people who has inspired me and pushed me to do good in my life. She has taught me a lot since I was a kid. She has cheered for me in every way possible. My grandmother was born and raised in my hometown, Alqala'a, in a big family. She grew up and was married to my grandfather at a very early age as it was normal at that time. She moved from the country life to Tripoli, the capital, with my grandfather since he started his business journey and she was there with him along the way.   
She studied until fourth grade when her father stopped her from going to school but she raised my aunts to push for education and work and depend on themselves. She is strong and this adjective is not enough to give her justice. She has always encouraged me to study hard and depend on myself. I love her like no other. I miss her so much. I miss when she used to braid my hair and brush it for me even though I got older.  
I am still her baby girl and she is still cheering for me until this day. She is not just a grandmother; she is a second mother. She raised me with my mom. I miss our long afternoon talks and discussions. I miss her talks about our traditions. I miss her chanting in Amazighi while cooking in the kitchen. I miss her laughter. She has sacrificed a lot but she embedded good features and tried to remind me of all the goodness the world still has to offer.     
Grandmothers love is unconditional. I encourage you all to appreciate your grandmothers and care for them. Try to bond and build a good relationship with one another. I know that some might think about the age difference but once you connect, this difference wouldn't matter and you will appreciate every minute with them. 

Comments

Popular Posts