The 30-Day No Coffee Challenge


Coffee, as we all know, is one of the most consumed drinks worldwide. It keeps us alert and people have managed to come up with many ways to drink it. You can have it as cappuccino, flat white, macchiato, latte; the list goes on and on. You can ask for one or two shots if you need a serious wake-up call. Arabic people like to drink Arabic coffee (kahwa قهوة) or Turkish coffee as called in Turkish kahve.

A few months ago, I started to consume coffee like a maniac. I wasn’t a heavy drinker before but as school started, I found myself consuming way too much of it that I can have over three giant cups a day and soon after, I became addicted to it. I consumed coffee on a daily basis, it became a tradition of mine here and it was my comfort or escape in a way. Back home, I used to drink it occasionally and it wasn’t my number one drink to have during the day. I spent days without it and I was fine.

Earlier this year, I began to suffer from sleep deprivation because of the long term impact of it on my body that I couldn’t sleep normally and even when I did, I found myself waking up every two hours with a major headache. I was so desperate but I surely was addicted. Until one day, I tweeted a tweet asking for challenges and one suggested to quit coffee for a month so it’s how I started.

I’m a competitive person by nature so if one challenges me on something, I tend to do it so I was up for the challenge. Today I mark a month since I started the challenge and it was very good to go through it. The first few days were very difficult since coffee was my main source of energy and comfort. I suffered from major headache and cravings especially when I smell it while passing by a coffee shop.

The positive effects:
1- my sleeping pattern is normal again.
2- my body is more active.
3- no more headache.
4- Cutting coffee helped me save more.


I never thought I would last for a month, to be honest, but I did it. It’s such a good feeling to succeed in a challenge no matter what the challenge is. I don’t think I will consume coffee as much as I used to because now, I’m aware of its impact on my body. So, do you have a challenge too? What are the possible challenges you wish to succeed in? If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to share your opinion in the comments section.

Comments

  1. I couldn't imagine how is my morning without a beautiful hot cappuccino :p
    But that's it, one cup a day so I'm not addicted "I think ".
    Anyways, sometimes when I need a little pish to go on with my day I'll have espresso macchiato, a double shot would never let you down 😂
    Nice challenge and I'm glad that you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts